Tuesday, July 16, 2013

My first dip into YA's John Green, Looking for Alaska

Looking for AlaskaLooking for Alaska by John Green

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I hadn't read John Green yet and so wanted this to be a mind boggling work. I loved it, the characters are fun, the setting fun, the mood fun. But it did not stand out to me, sadly. I knew what would happen from the start of the countdown, not specifically, but that was a give away. At the same time I admire him for trying a new foreshadowing style. I will read more of his books because I liked his writing style very much, but wanting to write that take-teen-readership-by-storm book myself, I found myself disappointed. Totally loved Pudge's obsession with the last words of famous people though!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment