Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Wise and WayWard Sand-Wich

Wise Woke me this a.m. “Why are you Working so attentively at What makes you feel Worth less?”
And WayWard answered. “We Will help With finding your Way.”
“My Way?” I asked. “Way Where?”
“Why, to the Who you Were,” answered Wise.
art by Cruzeiro Seixas
“Oh, Will you please? I  am Weary, Weak and Witless With loss.”
WayWard Winked. “That is Why We are here.”

Wise said, “Where are you Wanting to go, girl?”
I had to stop and ponder, I’d so Whittled my path a-Way.
WayWard re-Worded, “Where Were you going, girl?”
“To Write!” I proclaimed. “I Was going to al-Ways Write!”
“What are you Waiting for?” asked Wise.
“I Wonder…” WayWard mused, “have you Wasted all your Words?”
I stopped to think. W-once more.

“Writing is playing Witty, Whimsical Word games,” I said. “It is fun. But the networking, publicity WhirlWind is impossible, unmanageable and therefore real Work and no fun.”
WayWard Wisecracked and Wise s-Wore.
While I Was Whispering self-justifications, WayWard and Wise proved me afraid and a fraud… A Writer Who forgot to Write.

No longer Woeful, I’m now sq-Wished between WayWard and Wise and W-once again a Whole sand-Witch.


                                                                                                                       

1 comment:

  1. i love you, mom. Way to get back to Where We Work from.

    ReplyDelete